Sunday, September 22, 2013

Double Forward Helix Piercing

When it comes to tolerating pain for piercings? Very tolerable, in fact, I like the feeling of getting a new piercing. I've had my tragus done twice. Conch Piercing. Multiple cartilage piercings. I've done my navel 4 times. I have my lobes pierced. And my last piercing is my double forward helix piercing. Ahaha..now let me tell you.. 

This baby right here, the double forward helix was by FAR the most painful piercing. The conch's pain rating is 2/10 and the tragus a 5/10. I usually have problems with healing all my piercings because of scar tissue buildup (hyperthropic scarring). The scar tissues go away within a week of using a salt solution..but my helix piercings which I've had for about 3 months is taking a ridiculously LONG time to heal. It's not as painful, but my ears were purple and inflamed for weeks! (Don't even think of cuddling with your boyfriend on that side of your ear -___-;). My piercing is almost done healing, but this was also the only piercing that bled when I got it pierced and the level of pain? Let's not even go there..was a whopping 9/10. Not even my first tattoo on my ribs was that high.

For those thinking about getting any piercing please note that everyones pain tolerance is different and what might hurt for one person will not hurt for the other and vice versa.

Caring for your piercings:
-Its recommended and from experience is best to use a dial soap, and please no alcohol or peroxide. It kills both the bad and good bacteria (which is needed in the healing process.)
-If you are prone to scar tissue formation use a warm salt solution twice a day, it should dry it right up! DO NOT skip days (it will only prolong the need to use the solution)
-BE CAREFUL when you shower/change because your hair or clothes can get caught on it..and make sure none of your drunk girlfriends grab your face around the ear area..it really hurts..

Cost: The cost will be different depending on where you go and who you get it done by. These piercings are not offered at places like Piercing Pagoda or Claires, they are mostly done in tattoo parlors.
-Tragus $50
-Conch $60
-Both Helix Piercings $60 (for both, $30 e/)

No comments:

Post a Comment